Our Seattle Central Area Urban Garden will begin production in May, with a first harvest expected in June or July. Completion of funding via a major grant from the City of Seattle is pending. (Cue elevator music.)
Participating sponsors are the city's Dept. of Neighborhoods, Black Dollar Days Task Force, Northwest Harvest and the people of zip code 98122. Evergarden Networks has arranged for space, equipment, staffing and training.
Training is coordinated by Maxine Mimms Academy and Bates Technical College, both of Tacoma, in which students will learn hydroponic gardening, distribution and marketing.
- WGC Students Completing Microgreens Study
- Evergarden Team Supports Seattle Youth Program
- Microgreens gaining acceptance in diet, nutrition, markets
- Seattle community garden to plant first crop in May
- Burien Solar Punk Festival
- Hydroponic plants eligible for "organic" label —Court
- Evergarden membership system launches